Call For Entries "Drawing 2017" Call for Exhibit & Grant Opportunity at Gallery 25N
20 artists will be
chosen for a group exhibit at Gallery 25N online. One artist will be
selected to receive a Grant of $500.00. The grant recipient will have a
dedicated marketing campaign of their art and their accomplishments sent
to 26,000 recipients worldwide. The exhibition and the exhibiting
artists will be extensively marketed internationally via email
invitations, social media, press release, and Art Market News.
and Selection: The curators are looking for drawings of any subject
that are created traditionally or experimentally. Drawing is the
original art and language of man and continues to allow us to
communicate what we see and feel. A drawing can be formal and refined or
expressive and energetic; it can capture our thoughts with doodling,
marks, lines or shaded areas expressing our external world and our
individual thoughts. It is a record of who we are as humans and our need
to connect with each other.
Submission Deadline: December 30, 2017 (Midnight EST)
competition is open to all artists 18 years of age or older. Entries
must be drawings in any medium including digital and experimental
- Age Requirement:
This on-line Juried Art Competition is open to all artists 18 years of age or older.
- The Work Must Be Original:
No artwork needs to be shipped as these are online exhibits. You must be the creator of the art and image file you or your approved representative submit to the competition.. Your art must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else's copyrighted material. (If your image infringes upon another's copyright it will be disqualified.) Upon submitting your work, to this competition, you are solely responsible for any infringement on copyrighted materials.
- Entry Fees:
Please see specific contest prospectus for entry fees.
- Repeat Entries:
There is no restriction on entering art that has been entered to previous competitions.
The artist retains all copyrights to their artwork without exception.
- Non-exclusive Permissions:
By entering this art competition, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork on our art-competition.net website and in our newsletters, and in the marketing of the art competitions to the general public. Artworks will not be used for any other purpose than that which is stated here. All winning entries will be displayed on the art-competition.net website. Each entry becomes part of the public, historical / archival online contest catalog. It can be removed at a later date upon request.
- File Sizes and Formats:
Your images are best represented at 1200px on the longest side and at a resolution of 72dpi. The acceptable file formats are: jpg, gif, and png.
- The Entry Process:
- Step 1. Have your files ready to upload before you start the submission process. Select the contest you wish to enter and click the "Submit Your Art" button. Fill out the entry form with the Artist information and the Payee information, if different. Select the "Number of Entries" you want to enter and "Submit".
- Step 2. Click the "Buy Now" button to pay for your entries. You will be redirected to PayPal to process your payment.
- Select your method of payment, any credit or debit card. You do not have to have a PayPal account. Fill out the payment information and click "Pay". You will be redirected to a confirmation page in PayPal. Click the yellow "Click here to upload your art" button.
- Step 3. In the upload form fill out the information about the artwork you are submitting and select your image, then click the "Upload your art and continue" button. Continue until all of your entries are submitted.
- The artist and the payee (if different) will receive a confirmation email
- If you encounter any problems or have a question please contact our tech support staff at <firstname.lastname@example.org> and we will assist you.
- Judging Criteria:
- Does the submitted artwork fit the theme of the competition?
- Is there a creative interpretation of the subject/ theme?
- Is the originality of the work interesting?
- Is there overall quality and command of the medium being used?
- Does the work impact the viewer in relationship to the theme?
- Does the work stand on its own as a complete and outstanding creative image?
- The composition and design of the work is also a judging criteria.
- Note: The quality of the images submitted will also play a role in the judging process. It is best if the images submitted are no smaller than 600px.
- Original Work:
We reserve the right to request proof that your entry is your original artwork created solely by you. Non-compliance to this rule will be a disqualification of your entry.
- Multiple Submission:
There are no restrictions to the number of contests an artist can submit work to, nor the number of pieces they can submit, nor the number of prizes they can win.
- Submission Deadlines:
Artworks may be submitted up until midnight Eastern Standard Time on the last day of the submission schedule posted. No artworks will be accepted past the posted deadline.
- Prize Payments:
Cash prizes can be paid through Paypal or by a check mailed to the winner within 14 days of the notification of winning.
Winners shall be solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.