Event Dates:9/2/16 - 11/19/16
Days remaining to deadline:14
Images - Minimum:2, Maximum:6
Audio - Minimum:0, Maximum:3
Video - Minimum:0, Maximum:3
Total Media - Minimum:2, Maximum:9
Entry Fee (29th September Competition):$40.00
Media Fee (per sample over minimum):$20.00
· All artists over the age of 18 – working in any medium – are eligible.
· All work must be original and must have been completed in the last two years (2014 or later).
· AMoA encourages artists working in video and other experimental media to submit entries for judging.
All entries must be submitted and complete by June 1, 2016 at midnight.
· Each artist may submitTWOfull view works of art with a non-refundable entry fee of$40. (Additional works, including views and details of 3D works may be submitted for a fee$20per each entry.)
· Entries will be blind juried by digital images in JPG format.
· All digital images submitted must be smaller than 5MB and saved as aJPGat a300 dpiresolution. Video files must be a maximum of 100 MB.
· Each IMAGE must be labeled with ONLY the artwork title, medium, size, and date.
· Artist may submit only one (1) JPG for each entry.
· Video entries must not exceed 30 minutes in length.
· By entering the competition, the artist agrees that all entered work will be available for exhibition if chosen. No substitutions will be allowed.
· No work should exceed seven (7) feet (84”) in any direction, or 200 lbs. in weight. Entries exceeding these limitations will automatically be disqualified.
· If digital images are not correctly representative of work chosen, AMoA has the right to disqualify the entry from the exhibition.
· By entering the competition, the artist agrees to allow their work to reproduced for the purpose of publicity.
· Entry must include digital images, entry fee, and amaximum 100 word artist statementfor catalog and label use only (not available to juror before selected).
$2000 will be available for juror-designated cash awards. These awards will be announced at the Opening Reception on September 2, 2016.
AMoA proudly welcomesFrancis Pavyas the juror for the 29th September Competition. Francis Pavy's paintings, sculptures, constructions, and prints are inspired by his Cajun heritage and Southern storytelling traditions. He lives and works in Lafayette, Louisiana. Pavy earned a BFA In Sculpture from the University of Southwestern Louisiana (now the University of Louisiana at Lafayette), where he studied under artist Elemore Morgan, Jr. He has exhibited throughout the United States and in Europe In solo, invitational, and group exhibitions. Pavy is represented by the Arthur Roger Gallery in New Orleans, the Parchman Stremmel Gallery in San Antonio, and the Barbara Archer Gallery in Atlanta.
Calendar June 1 Application deadline.
Aug. 3 Jury notification by email.
No phone calls please!
Aug. 25 Deadline for receipt of juried works andpre-paid return shipment label.
Sept. 2 Artists’ Reception and Gallery Talk.
Nov. 19 Exhibition Closes.
Dec. 9 Deadline for pick up of hand delivered work.
Shipping of art workwithpre-paid return label provided by the artistbegins. INSTRUCTIONS
· Please complete ALL information.
· Deadline for entry is June 1, 2016.
· Include form, fee, and artist statement.
· ALL SELECTED WORKS MUST ARRIVE PRE-PAID BYAUGUST 25,2016 – ALONG WITH A PRE-PAID RETURN ADDRESS LABEL (no order forms with account numbers will be accepted, must be a completed label).
· No work can exceed:
o 7 (seven) feet (84”) in any direction
o 200 lbs. in weight
o 30 minutes in length for video entries.
· Entries exceeding these limitations will automatically be disqualified.
Failure to comply with rules of entry and deadlines will automatically disqualify cited entry. Delivery and Packaging
· After notification of selection, ship entries to: Alexandria Museum of Art, 933 Second Street, Alexandria, LA 71301.
· All artwork must arrive no later than August 25, 2016.
· ALL SHIPMENTS MUST HAVE A PRE-PAID RETURN LABEL FOR THE RETURN OF WORK. (Example: FedEx, UPS, or USPS.) NO ORDER FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
· Be sure to select a carrier that delivers to Alexandria, LA.
· Hand deliveries will be accepted Tues.-Fri., 10am-5pm.
· Please do NOT include personal checks for return shipping.
· All artwork must have a completed identification card attached to the backside.
· All shipped works must be in sturdy reusable packaging.
· Do not use styrofoam peanuts or pieced boxes.
· Opening instructions should be printed on the outside.
· All necessary installation instructions must be included with the work.
· All damaged packages will be returned unopened C.O.D.
· When open packages contain damaged works the artist will be consulted.
· Return shipping of artwork will begin December 9, 2016.
· ALL WORK WILL BE SHIPPED USING THE PRE-PAID RETURN LABEL SUPPLIED BY THE ARTIST.
· AMoA will not take responsibility for works returned undeliverable.
· Art work unclaimed after one year becomes the property of AMoA
· Selected work must be display ready.
· All 2-D work should be framed, wired for hanging, and where appropriate, with Plexiglas.
· Any work notably different from the submitted digital file will be disqualified.
· Any submitted artwork must be available for exhibition. No substitutions will be allowed.
Sales and Liability
· A 30% commission will be charged on all sales.
· Every reasonable precaution will be taken to assure protection of entries, but the Alexandria Museum of Art assumes no responsibility for loss or damage from any cause during transit.
· Works will be insured for the duration of the show while on AMoA premises.
· Any entries delivered without statement of insurance value will be assigned a maximum value of $500.