The annual International Watercolor Festival, in the name of International "Homer, Love and Peace Through Art" Watercolor Festival and Contest, will be held in the city of Homer, Bornova/Izmir between the dates of 12th and 15th May of 2015 and hosted by the Municipality of Bornova under the auspices of Mayor of Bornova, Olgun ATİLA Architect MSc.
The Festival will be the largest event that was organized in close collaboration between the Municipality of Bornova and IWS (International Watercolor Society). Watercolor artists and art lovers are extremely excited about this event. During the festival days, a contest will be organized and there will be time for artists to create their artwork of people, agriculture, buildings and scenes of the Homer Bornova. The artists who will be ranked at the first three places in this contest will receive cash prizes. There will be other awards such as plates, medals and honorable mentions. All the artworks that will receive an award will be donated to the Municipality of Bornova so as to be stored and exhibited in the various Cultural Centers.
We hope to meet all of you as IWS family on May 12 to 15, 2015.
The Conditions of the Contest:
Artists around the world are warmly invited to take part in the watercolor contest at the International "Homer Love and Peace through Art" Watercolor Festival organized by the Municipality of Bornova and in collaboration with IWS.
Eligibility and entry rules:
1. Artists are limited to submit maximum three entries. However, the artwork must feature Bornova city as a subject and should be in watercolor technique.
2. Amateur or professional, all artists around the world can enter this international contest, but must be 18 years of age or older.
3. Restriction on the subject: Subject must be about the City of Bornova landscape, old architecture, live market scenes, cafe scenes and citizens. The size of the artworks must be maximum of 70x100 cm.
The artworks should ideally be painted during the Festival period, between 12th and 14th of May 2015 in Bornova city by the attending participants or public. At the same time, non-attending artists have to follow the rules above. Artists could choose some of the painting images from royalty free photos from the site:
4. To enter the contest the Original painting must be either
a) Sent to the address:
Bornova Belediyesi Bornova Kent Arşivi ve Müzesi - Dramalılar Köşkü
2 Sokak No: 4 Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Contact Number: +90 232 999 29 29 - 4910
(There will be no return of paintings sent by post, after jury's decision. These paintings will be donated to the Municipality of Bornova).
b) the artist must bring it during the festival.
5. The following information must be completed on a separate sheet of paper and submitted along with the painting:
a) Name and Surname: b) Country: c) Website and E-mail: d) Mailing address e) The Title and Size of Artwork
6. The artworks must be sent to the organization to the address above or if created during the Festival period, submitted in hand to the Festival committee.
The participants who will be classified as the top three winners will be awarded a grand total cash prize of $20,000, along with many small cash awards to be presented to the other winners.
The prizes will be as follows:
1st prize 4.000 USD
2nd prize 3.000 USD
3rd prize 2.000 USD
There will be 3 jury special awards; 1.000 USD each, and 10 paintings will each receive 500 USD for "History of Bornova" special award. 15 artworks will also receive mansions.
* The deduction of legal taxes will be implemented to all awards.
All winning artworks will be featured in the next IWS 2015 catalogue. Participating artists will also be presented with a plaque and certificate on May 15th, 2015.
All the artworks that receive an award will be donated to the Municipality of Bornova.
Submission by Post Deadline: May 10, 2015
Submission Deadline: May 14, 2015
Results Announced: Award ceremony on May 15, 2015